Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 July 2013

BHF London to Southend 2013

Well I decided to ride the BHF London to Southend Bike ride on 21.07.2013. I couldn't be asked to start in London though. Getting there only to have the horrible ride out seemed pointless. So I left Romford and joined the route at Tysea Hill Stapleford Abbotts. This meant I would be riding 10 miles less but it seem the best option.
I cycled up through into Navestock Heath and through onto Blackmore road in Kelvedon Hatch.



I continue until I reach Mountnessing an official stop for a cheese n pickle roll and a drink.

It was after here the route seemed to change from previous years, instead of going past along Roman Road we turn left along Church Road crossing the A12.Then turn into Padnams Green Road.




 Then onto Buttsbury, where I ride into Buttsbury and stop by its Church.


 Then onto Ingatestone Road and onward towards Stock.



 After Stock and its slow climb up to the church , we head off towards Hanningfield Reservoir.
I decided no to stop at the next rest stop and continued on and resisted the pub as I passed and had a quick stop at South  Hanningfield.



I now press on and am soon climbing along a steep hill towards Rettondon Turnpike on the Main Road passing through Rettendon. It was here last year that my ride came to an end as I had a broken tube and the spare was useless too. No mistake this year and no punctures too Im pleased to say,maybe down to new tyres.I cross some busy roundabouts and onto Hawk Hill that leads me into Battlesbridge. Here I stop for a half pint of Brewers Gold in The Barge Inn. Both a lovely ale and pub, we will have to come back another time.







 I cross the bridge over The River Roach and cycle along Beeches road stopping by a church and a field of blue.

I continue on Watery Lane into Lower Road and others passing through Hullbridge and into Canewdon.



 I cycle through Rochford and now on the home stretch to Southend.
 I arrive at Priory Park Southend to a heaving field of people and cycles, I struggle my way through the crowds. I decide to make my way away from the crowds and over to the cafe by The Priory. Which is quieter and cheaper.





I have cycled 42 miles for the day and a top speed of 32mph.... I now get the train home and pass Southend Airport and its Vulcan bomber pictured below.

No comments:

Post a Comment