Total Pageviews

Thursday 5 March 2009

YACF Ride 30th December 2008












I started getting up early on a freezing morning to meet 7 strangers to go for my first YACF ride through the lovely Essex countryside. I arrived at Shenfield station with my Ridgeback on the back of my car and met up with Annie in the car park. I then met the rest down at the station entrance. We started off in the freezing weather and soon reached Ingatestone Garden Centre. Where we all had drinks and some food..... Much needed after only a short ride as we were all freezing.
We then set off through various lanes heading towards Fyfield that I didn't recognize. It was at a comfortable pace and it was nice to be riding with a group of friendly people.

Soon after Ongar we started hitting hills that really zapped my energy and I started to slow down while I looked at the rest of the group with envy who managed to zip up without any difficulty. Looks like I need a lot of hill training lol. We then found our way to The Woodman PH in Stanford Rivers.
I haven't been to this pub for at least 10 years. Bought back a few memories. We all had a BIG meal and drinks and the bar staff were very friendly. We then backtracked to Greenstead Church(the oldest Wooden church in the world dated either to the mid-9th or mid-11th century).

We then headed back to Shenfield Station via more hills that seemed to go on forever and said our goodbyes once back back at the Station.

Thanks everyone for a great ride and Happy New Year!
Hope to see you all again on another ride, hopefully be warmer

No comments:

Post a Comment